Monday, March 28, 2005

Rough week

This week was Spring Break. It's supposed to be a nice, relaxing time where I didn't have to worry about stress, school work, or drama. Not so. My aunt passed away late last week, which explains why this blog is being written late Sunday night instead of Thursday night or Friday morning as it is supposed to. Things have been crazy this week trying to get details and schedules organized, rearranging plans, and just overall stress and grieving.
Through all of that, I did manage to update my resume in hopes of sending it out to places within the next few weeks. I'm going to be calling a couple of my friends and collegues at WKBN to see if there are any positions opening up there in the next few months or just to see if they need anyone extra. If that doesn't work out, then I'll be calling and visiting the other two Youngstown stations, also. Likewise, I'll be getting ahold of WTOV in Steubenville, OH and possibly a few stations in Pittsburgh. I'm really pushing hard for the Youngstown stations or WTOV because I've realized that I know those areas the best and I think I could thrive in those markets at least to start out. I grew up watching WTOV and the Youngstown stations, so I'd really love to work for them.
With everything that has happened recently, I haven't called Tony Ruffolo for my Alumni Paper Project this week as I was hoping to. Once I get back to school and have more time and a clearer mind, I'll be doing that to at least set up a phone interview so I may get my project completed.
I've only got five weeks of classes, one week of finals, and one more week of Senior Week before the glorious date of May 14th. Time to start wrapping things up and doing it to the best of my ability...

2 Comments:

At March 29, 2005 at 5:15 PM, Blogger Laura K. said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt...

Good luck getting things in gear as we wind down the semester.

 
At March 29, 2005 at 5:15 PM, Blogger Laura K. said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt...

Good luck getting things in gear as we wind down the semester.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home