Thursday, April 14, 2005

Great trip to Youngstown!

I went to WKBN this afternoon, and it was a GREAT trip! As soon as I got there, I saw Mindy and Jen and talked to a couple of the producers, photographers, and talent that I knew from my internship. They were very happy to see me and wanted to know everything I was doing. Most of them asked me what I was planning on doing upon graduation. I told them that I came in to talk to Gary Coursen and a few other people about a job. They all directed me to John Amann in the Promotions Department. He's the Promotions director, and they're currently trying to fill two part-time (7 hours a day/5 days a week) positions. One is an Assistant Directors spot that requires a college degree and two years outside experience, and the other is a Promotions Producer that requires no outside experience. I've decided to go for that one. Upon talking to Mr. Amann, he told me to send him a resume and a cover letter asap. He told me, "Instead of just sending it to the department, send it to me personally." He then handed me a personal business card and said, "It was really good to meet you, Ian. I look forward to receiving your papers." YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! I was on cloud 9 the second I left that place, and I'm still going nuts. I may actually have a job! They told me they hadn't had anyone apply for the spot because it's part-time. It was going to be a full time job, but they decided to make two part time jobs out of it. Nobody inside the station wanted to go from a full-time to a part-time job, so they really haven't had any applicants. It was absolutely wonderful to see everyone again and I'm really hoping everything works out for the best!!!

2 Comments:

At April 15, 2005 at 10:24 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Keeping in touch is very important!

 
At April 16, 2005 at 11:19 PM, Blogger Megan Marshall said...

Ian, that's great! Yay for connections -- it sounds like this is a good possibility for you! Keep us updated & GOOD LUCK! :):)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home