Friday, April 22, 2005

Working, Playing, and Waiting

This week has been crazy once again. Especially this week because I have a ton of projects and papers to get done, it's Greek Week, and I have been trying to finish up my senior presentation for Monday night as well as trying to get a job.
I have at least a final project/presentation and/or a 5+ page paper due in every one of my classes at some point over the next two weeks. Needless to say, I've pretty much been going insane. Also, Greek Week happens to be this week. With the amount of competitive blood that runs through mine and my other fraternity brothers' veins, it's hard not to have it become a huge part of the week. Events will start at 4pm, last until 9pm or later, then we have Sing N' Swing (a huge song and dance show that all the Greek organizations put on this Saturday) practice until 11 - 11:30 every night. Coupled in with all of THAT, I've been trying to finish up my senior presentation for Monday night and working on getting the job at WKBN.
My senior presentation is coming along ok. I'll really be using all day Sunday to put the finishing touches on it and practice it 358 times. My parents will be making the drive up to see it, so I really want it to be good.
Lastly, but definitely not leastly, I took my resume and a cover letter in to WKBN on Wednesday. I took it there to personally make sure it arrived. I haven't heard anything yet, but I will be calling on Monday or Tuesday if I still don't hear anything by then. I'm REALLY hoping for this job. There's nothing more that I want right now than that. I'm confident that my abilities and talents are good enough to perform the job well. I'm just hoping John Amann (head of Promotions) sees that as well.

2 Comments:

At April 22, 2005 at 4:25 PM, Blogger Laura K. said...

358 times , eh?

I was thinking that Mon. morning or so maybe we could run thru our presentations and you could help me use the podium stuff?

Thanks!

 
At April 24, 2005 at 6:45 PM, Blogger Megan Marshall said...

Ian, I also am practicing my presentation 358 times... GOOD LUCK with the job prospects -- especially KBN, 'coz I know you really would love working there. See you tomorrow for BC Fest!
~Megan*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home