Monday, March 13, 2006

Been a while...

Yeah, it's definitely been a while since I've posted in here. Almost a year, in fact. Well I just now remembered that I had a weblog and wanted to update everyone. I'm currently working as a sports writer for a newspaper in East Liverpool, OH. The paper is called The Review. For anyone that would like to check it out, the website is www.reviewonline.com. You can look up the sports department on there and some of my stories should be on there. We were recently nominated for five Ohio AP awards and I was a part of one of them. We are up for Best Special Sports Section for our Friday wraparound for high school football called "Friday Night Lights." We worked hard on it and I'm glad the judges (who were from a paper in North Carolina) thought so, too. I had only been working at the paper for about three months before the deadline for 2005 work, so I wasn't really expecting much. I've found I have a knack for column writing and have been learning a lot about the newspaper business - too much, in fact. It's a good job to have for right now. It's close to home, but it pays virtually nothing. With my strong backround in media and sales, I'm looking to get into marketing and public relations in Pittsburgh. My girlfriend is originally from Ligonier, PA (about 45 min. east of the city) and just got her dream job as a financial planner for Edward Jones. So, we want to move down around Monroeville/Murrysville for the time being. I've been looking into a company located near Mount Lebanon called PRS Advertising Inc. I don't know a whole lot about what they do, but I do know they represent the Pirates, Vocelli's Pizza Shops, Hidden Valley Ski Resort, and other big time people like that. The starting salary is pretty darn good (around $40k a year) and the opportunity for advancement is great, too. They do training and all that, so I'd be able to learn everything without having to be thrown to the lions on the first day. PRS has an 8000% growth rate over the last three years, so it's a booming industry. I read in a magazine where public relations and advertising was going to be the hottest job in 2006, oddly enough followed by financial planning. I'll be sending a resume to PRS in the next few weeks and hopefully will be starting a new job sometime in April or May. I think my future is looking up. Maybe I'll report back here a little more often now that I was reminded of my blog...

6 Comments:

At March 25, 2006 at 9:37 PM, Blogger Laura K. said...

hey stranger!

cool about the newspaper thing, and good luck with the PRS thing if thats what you want to do. one warning tho - im 5 min from monroeville so if you move this way you WILL be hanging out with me! hahahaha!

 
At April 4, 2006 at 8:07 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

I'm so glad to see you updated your blog! You're alive. I've been reading your stuff, too.

Keep up the good work!

 
At May 11, 2006 at 3:56 AM, Blogger rqll6ps90mydo said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

 
At July 31, 2006 at 6:46 AM, Blogger Laura K. said...

so whatever happened with that job? hellooo?

 
At October 8, 2006 at 3:48 PM, Blogger xkcw2rrtu29 said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 
At October 10, 2006 at 10:27 AM, Blogger 6e36gefu said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home